Saturday February 8, 2014 8am to 4pm rain or shine
15th Annual Everglades Day Festival Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge -“EVERGLADES THEN & NOW”
Exciting speakers, workshop programs, and guided activities, including representative from the Seminole Nation, will highlight this year’s theme – Everglades Then & Now.
New this year, to enhance this fun family day, will be a FOOD TRUCK center.
Also guided nature walks, wading birds, native & invasive snakes. Participate in Wildlife Presentations / Nature Walks / Live Music /Guest Speakers / 30+ Exhibitors / Canoeing /Kids Fishing /Walking LILA Tours / Animal Olympics
Some planned activities for the Everglades Day program include
- Reinaldo Becerra, Seminole Nation Representative
- James Currie, Birding Adventures Discovery Channel
- Edward Mercer, “Python Hunter”, live pythons
- Butch Wilson, “Lake Okeechobee: Past & Present”, Clewiston Museum
- Rolf Olson, KIDS’ ARCHERY WORKSHOP
- Catherine Smith, “Florida’s Giant Venice”, presentation & panels, Belle Glade Museum
- Jenny Novak, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, live pythons
- Clive Pinnock, “Raptor Chapter”, live birds
- Roadside Revue, Music
- Live Animal presentations by the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary, Palm Beach Zoo, and Treasure Coast Animal Hospital
- Howard Bernstein, historical perspective Marsh Wildflowers
- much much more!
Come join us and wear your walking shoes for this free (except for food) family fun and educational outdoor festival!
Also, a free handicapped accessible van.
Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge 10216 Lee Road, Boynton Beach U.S. 441/State Road 7 – 2 miles south of Boynton Beach Blvd. Parking at Monte’s Packaging 1/2 mile south of Refuge entrance. Free shuttle to/around the Refuge.
For more information, contact the Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge at 561-734-8303
In partnership with the Audubon Society of the Everglades, Friends of the Loxahatchee NWR, U.S. Fish& Wildlife Service, Palm Beach County Cultural Council, PBC Commission
Contact: Serena Rinker 561-735-6029 email@example.com
Susan Snyder 561-627-7829 firstname.lastname@example.org