Each of you makes our Audubon of the Everglades chapter what it is today. We have the largest membership in Florida and one of the most active chapters. Unlike many other chapters, we are a 100% volunteer organization and we serve all of Palm Beach County, the largest county in Florida.
you can still print and mail in the printed membership local membership application 8-2012
You may now pay for your local chapter membership using this new PAYPAL option – press the “BUY NOW” button next to the membership level you wish to pay for. (If you have any problems, please contact Paypal administrator Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at work 561-540-5200 or leave a message on my home phone 561-629-7516.) If you don’t have a Paypal account, skip to the bottom of this page for instructions how to sign up for Paypal.
Or, if you prefer to mail a check, CLICK & PRINT LOCAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION TO JOIN NOW: local membership application 8-2012
We currently have over 2500 members, 290 of whom are already local chapter members. I am sure you are unaware that your (NAS) membership only provided us with money when you initially joined. Every time you have renewed your national membership, your dues go directly and totally to the NAS.
Your national membership actually costs this chapter approximately $10.00 each year. This includes the cost of printing and mailing both the Kite and our brochure (program).
Chapter Only Membership
Audubon Society of the Everglades offers a separate Chapter membership with a number of benefits. Join us and support local efforts to protect habitat and environmental efforts in Palm Beach County and throughout the Everglades. Your support also allows this chapter to help students of all ages with awards and programs, including Pathfinders Scholarship and Everglades Day. Your local chapter membership dues focus 100% your financial support on these local conservation efforts and educational programs.
Benefits of Separate Local Chapter membership
- Ten issues of our newsletter, the Kite, and our annual program brochure
- Year-round educational general meetings with guest speakers in West Palm Beach and seasonal meetings in Boca Raton
- Reduced admission to the Bird Garden tour
- Priority status to field trips with limited attendance.
- Receiving your Kite year round if you provide both addresses and dates for change of addresses.
- Priority status for class choices for the Birding Workshop in February
- E-mails, if you wish to be included, on rare bird sightings and conservation efforts.
- Knowledge that your support of our local chapter benefits you and your community.
All local chapter memberships will be renewed on December 31.
The cost structure is:
- $15 senior (65 and older)/student
- $20 single
- $25 household
- $50 patron
You do not have to be a NAS member to be a local chapter member, though many of our members are both NAS and local chapter members.
If you are a national member, you will continue to receive your National Audubon renewal notices from NAS in addition to the 6 issues of Audubon Magazine, and membership in Audubon of Florida.
The easiest way to join the National Audubon Society is to visit the secure NAS website (click here) and use your credit card. In the chapter code pulldown box select EOO for Audubon Everglades. Without that number, National will not sign you up as a member of ASE.
OR, send your check (made out to National Audubon Society, chapter code C9ZE000Z) to National Audubon society Membership Center, PO Box 422450, Palm Coast, FL 32142-2250.
You will receive two paper copies of the Kite mailed to the address on your first national application. If you are not also a local chapter member, you will need to make a request to our membership chair , Gail Tomei, email@example.com to continue receiving our newsletter, the Kite.
Your Board appreciates your support of the Audubon Society of the Everglades. We are committed to providing you with fun, informative meetings and programs, and to giving you the opportunity to experience the natural beauty and wildlife of southeast Florida. We encourage you to join ASE so that our chapter can continue to lead in environmental and educational programs.
Gail Tomei, ASE Membership Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 561-389-6541
How to sign up for Paypal, see Paypal’s instructions below:
Go to www.paypal.com and click on the button “Sign Up” (not login)
When the sign-up page shows, choose your account type (personal), and fill out the form.
- Your email address is also your PayPal ID.
- Password tips:
- Make sure your password is at least 8 characters long.
- Passwords are case sensitive. Make sure your CAPS LOCK is off.
- Your password can’t contain any spaces.
- Use a different password than the one you use for email, bank, and other online services.
- Change your password often (we recommend once a month).
- You’ll receive an email shortly asking you to confirm your email address. You won’t be able to use your account until you complete the instructions in the email.
Confirm your email address
You’ll need to confirm your email address before you can use Paypal. We’ll send you an email to confirm your email address. Click the link in the email and enter your password to finish signing up for your account. Once you have successfully signed up, you will use the LOGIN button rather than the sign-up to access your Paypal account.
You can’t pay for things until you link a bank account or credit card. (ASE suggests you use your credit card rather than bank account). After you login, select Profile at the top menu bar, then under the Your Money section, select update card and enter the credit card information you wish to use in Paypal. NOW you should be able to pay for ASE membership or make a donation through your Paypal account.